Trauma First Aid Training - Beginners
Time & Location
About the Event
We believe that everyone should have a basic understanding of first aid. This becomes a greater requirement for those working in the humanitarian & development sectors. Therefore we have designed a one day beginner course to provide invaluable lifesaving skills and confidence. It’s practical emphasis makes it easily accessible to all.
By the end of the course you will be:
- Prepared with the skills and knowledge necessary to cope and prioritise lifesaving steps in the event an accident, injury or severe illness
- Equipped to provide initial treatment and stabilization of casualties
- To be confident, prepared and ready to access emergency casualty evacuation.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Scene safety and psychological effect of critical incidents
- Assessment of an accident and priorities of care
- Primary and Secondary survey
- Care of unconscious breathing casualty – recovery position
- Care of unconscious non-breathing casualty – CP
- Control of bleeding, including use of pressure bandages, tourniquets and ‘home made’ alternatives
- Spinal injuries – immobilization and management
- Gunshot wounds Blast and Crush Injuries (if relevant)
- Broken bones – slings, splinting.
- Casualty simulation scenarios throughout the day